EU&CULTURE at an OECD’s Summer Academy
Cultural and Creative Industries and Local Development
EU&CULTURE took part in the 2nd OECD Trento Office Summer Academy with about 30 participants and 28 nationalities represented. Five days (16-20 June 2019) of debates, on-site visits, interview-style sessions with key local actors, special guests from the creative and cultural sector and a publication, to find creative solutions to contemporary challenges for the cultural and creative industries.
For the 2019 edition, 3 main dilemmas were identified:
- Tradition vs Innovation (keywords: digital transformation, cultural production and consumption, the role/identity of museums and other cultural institutions in contemporary society)
- Preservation vs (Re)activation (keywords: urban/rural regeneration, creative identity of places, sustainability)
- Linear development vs Holistic approach (keywords: cross-sectorial policies, embedding creativity in local systems, cross innovation, skills for a creative city.
An introduction to…
Provides policy advice and develop capacities for the design and implementation of policies, always tailored to local needs and focused on the key local actors, for OECD Member and non-Member countries.
- – The Summer Academy is a three-year project dedicated to gathering policymakers and representatives of cultural and creative industries.
- – To develop expertise in putting in place effective and integrated strategies and policy frameworks
- – To identify local economic drivers and reflect on solutions with participants from all over the world
- For OECD Member and non-Member countries For OECD Member and non-Member countri